Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Opportunities to Serve

If you are one with initiative, drive, and a heart for community service, I suggest you continue reading.  If you hate children, service, or anything that has to do with selfless giving or commitments to others, I suggest you stop reading.  In fact, if you are the latter, I wonder why you read this blog at all.

Anyhoo, if you're the charitable saint in the making who is torn up because there is not STARR this weekend, have I got good news for you!  This Friday, the beginning of spring break, a group of our beloved Marian University students, under the capable leadership of  Billy Thompson, are going to Miracle Place to volunteer time with children!  They depart at 3:25 from Doyle Hall Lobby, and there are only 2 seats in the car left.  So act quickly!  Email Billy at wthompson714@marian.edu to reserve your seat on this once in a Friday opportunity.  Their time of return is up for debate.  Quite honestly, I'm not entirely convinced they are coming back at all... Don't say I didn't warn you.

No comments:

Post a Comment